Saturday, February 28, 2009

Stim Check #4

So after 7 days of stims, my e2 level is 3,700. My ultrasound this morning still looked great. She asked if I was feeling "full" and sore, as she was pushing on my ovaries, which feel like giant bruises at this point....so I managed to squeak out a "yes." :) I probably sounded like a 12 year old boy whose voice was changing. She said there is a lot of swelling and it was hard to count how many were actually in there because they are so smashed together at this point.

I got my bloodwork results earlier than usual today because it's Saturday and they close earlier. :) They are lowering my dosage of Gonal F tonight from 150 to 37.5, but other dosages stay the same. Still taking the Ganirelix tonight with the Gonal F and 75 IU of Menopur in the morning. I got the OHHS speech this morning because of the number of follicles and my E2 level being so high already, so I have to take it easy as much as possible and stay hydrated. I had mild OHHS with our first IVF and it was awful so I will do whatever they tell me to do to avoid it this time. So 17 shots & 5 blood tests down and about 8 shots and 2 blood tests to go. Then retrieval! There is light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Adam is feeling much better, but I have managed to come down with the cold he's been fighting. Doctor's orders are to stay in today, push fluids and rest. I have to do everything possible to keep it from getting worse. So, we're pretty boring today.

We want to send a special thank you to the Antonsens and the Cliffords for sending us a surprise package that arrived today with some yummy goodies inside. They are delicious!!!!!! THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

I'm an emotional mess these days.....can you say hormones? Everytime we receive these special treats from our friends or receive an e-mail or a phone call, I am overwhelmed with emotion, usually start bawling, and feel so lucky to have such a wonderful support system. I can't thank you enough!

Love you all!

Thanks for being here!

Love,
T & A

3 comments:

Sky said...

Ouchie! Given I'm such a poor responder, I don't know what hyper-stimming feels like, but I've heard it's miserable. Hope you don't get into that zone. Hope your E2 settles down and that you make beautiful, healthy, plump eggs.

Unknown said...

Hang in there and take it easy! Hyperstim IS awful...I'll say an extra prayer that you can avoid it. It sounds like your doctors are making great decisions for you though, and I'm so glad to hear you have an abundance of eggs-even though your ovaries are ready to burst:). Still saying prayers for you!

Kara

Steph and Jeanine Schmalz said...

You are in the best hands.... good thoughts continue to come your way!
Steph and Jeanine