Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Drugs anyone?


Let me start by apologizing for not posting lately. To be honest, there really hasn't been much to update. I highly doubt anyone wanted to hear about Adam and I taking our 2 pills a day of antibiotics and finishing them. First, we put the pill in our mouth and washed it down with water.....then, ....blah, blah, blah....boring.


We celebrated my 32nd birthday on the 3rd, but to be honest, all it did was remind me that I am celebrating yet another birthday and am still babyless....see?.....completely depressing, which is why I spared all of you with the details.

So, some exciting news......my drugs arrived today! I am torn between 2 emotions.....excitement and dread.

Excitement because we are starting again and are hopefully on our way to becoming parents. Dread because I am reminded of everything that comes with these drugs, including:
  • Bruises and welts all over my stomach
  • Bruises all over my arms from the daily bloodwork

  • Gaining 10 lbs.

  • Feeling flu-ish

  • No fast movements because of my aching and swollen ovaries

  • Headaches
  • Mood swings
  • Bloatedness, bloatedness, and more bloatedness.
Then I get excited again, because these drugs also bring:
  • The possibility of becoming parents
  • The creation of our little embabies
  • Hope
  • Dreams
  • Closeness and unconditional love with my hubby as we go through this together.
On another note, I have saved every syringe from every injection I have given myself or Adam has given me in our past 3 IVF's and IUI's. So I laid all approximately 130 of them out and took a picture. Someday, when our child / children are being punks, I want to show them what we went through to bring them into this world. They probably won't care since teenagers think the world revolves around them, but it will remind Adam and I of the very special appreciation we will have for our child / children that we worked so hard for and we will feel that much more blessed.

Here are a few pics:











We will be adding about 100 more if I end up pregnant and about 40 more if not. This is because if I do get knocked up....oh please God, please let there be a baby at the end of this one....I will continue a daily progesterone injection in the rear....administered by Dr. Adam himself, until I am at least 12 weeks pregnant.

I have to say that Dr. Adam has gotten very good at giving me my progesterone shots in the butt. Sometimes, I think he enjoys it...a little too much. It's so sad that since I always feel so crappy from the meds, the only action the poor guy gets is a quick glimpse of my butt as he jams a needle into it and massages it afterwards to spread the medicine out. It just doesn't get much hotter than that does it? It's okay to be jealous guys.

My af is supposed to show up on February 18th. I can hear her knocking though and am thinking she may show up early, so we'll see. We will travel to Denver about 7 days after she shows up.

I will let you know when she shows up....she better be on time because I am in no mood for tardiness.

Thanks for being here!




1 comment:

Kara said...

Good luck Tiffany. I have been thinking about you. I know you and your husband will be amazing parents to your children. I will keep praying for you guys.