Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Protocol Set by Dr. Surrey

Dr. Surrey called for a "wrap-up" consult last night to discuss all of our test results. I was at work, so instead of having everyone listen to my conversation about numbers, suggestions and whether or not Adam should be exercising on a bike because I was worried about potential "damage," I sat in my frozen car for the call instead. For the record, Adam IS allowed to exercise on the bike, for now. Win for him.

So Dr. Surrey was very happy with our test results and very happy to hear we had chosen to do the CGH testing on all of our embryos. This is where they test all 23 pairs of chromosomes to make sure they are "normal." He decided to put us on an antagon protocol. He decided against the long lupron cycle...thank God....because Lupron and my body hate each other. So this is what our protocol looks like so far:

Period is due February 18th which is CD1 (cycle day one)
CD2: Bloodwork and ultrasound (suppression check)
February 20th (CD3) : 1 menopur injection in AM and 1 Gonal-F injection in PM (this will continue every day until trigger shot and retrieval)
CD4: Same as above
CD5: Same as above
CD6: Bloodwork in am, plus ultrasound........depending on results, dosages for injections may change that night
CD7: (February 24th) Travel to Denver! (plus injections)
CD8: Stim Check (Bloodwork and u/s) .......injections with dosages based on stim check
from here on out, I will do my injections and have bloodwork and an ultrasound everyday and
depending on follicle development and bloodwork, I will be instructed to take my HCG "trigger" shot....egg retrieval will be 35 hours after trigger and we can come home.
My estimated egg retrieval is March 3rd, which is my Grandpa's birthday so hopefully that will bring some good luck to our embryos as they are created that day. :)

So that's it for now. We both have to take an antibiotic for 10 days starting tomorrow and wait for my period to start. Hopefully the witch will be on time.....I feel like it's the least she can do.

In other news, I almost clocked a girl at work yesterday who just found out she is pregnant with her 2nd child. She flat out said and I quote "I'm not excited, I didn't want to have any more kids...ever." This conversation prompted me to have a little convo with God on my way home.........it went like this....

"Uummmm.......excuse me God? I know you're a little busy up there running the world and everything, but do you think you could throw me a bone and stop putting ungrateful morons in my presence? Oh and a baby would be nice too........for me, not the crack addict down the street, or the person who has 12 kids they can't take care of, or even the Duggars who have 8 million kids, but maybe this time it could be our turn? That would be great. Thanks.....and oh yeah.....love ya."

4 comments:

Sky said...

I KNOW that little prayer of yours is going to be answered. Yes it is!

1) CCRM is a winner facility
2) CGH is awesome (vitrification even more awesome)
3) They'll transfer perfect embryos right back into you!
4) Yeah, BFP!

I can't wait to see it all unfold, just as I've written. :)

Tiff said...

Thank you so much Sky!
You have been such a wonderful support through all of this. Thanks for being here. :)
You and I are BOTH going to be Moms with the help of CCRM. :)

Steph and Jeanine Schmalz said...

I agree with Sky - I really like her protocal! :-)

Your talk with God was a good one - one that so many of us understand. Its ironic - when you are "in it" it seems like everyone around you it getting what you want and it's just not fair. Your time is now... I can feel it!

I enjoy reading your blog!

We are going back to CCRM to donate some of our meds that we didn't use. They are sealed, in the box/package and they said that they can look at them to see if they can except them for donation to other people. Are your meds covered by your insurance? Maybe we can specify that the meds are for you, if you need them.

Take good care!
Stephanie
stephschmalz@comcast.net

Tiff said...

Thank you so much for offering the meds. I am actually one of the lucky ones whose meds are covered by insurance, other than a co-pay. I would rather them go to someone who doesn't have any coverage at all. I feel like we're all in this together and have to watch out for each other. :) Thank you SO much again for all of the encouraging words. I've been reading your updates on carepages and love them. They give me such hope!