Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let's get this baby-making party started

I never in a million years thought I would be this excited to announce that I got my period yesterday! WOO HOO! The witch showed up pissed off and with a vengeance.....but you know what? It's okay, she's actually welcome this time.

So, I go in tomorrow for my CD3 (cycle day 3) bloodwork and ultrasound, have it frozen and shipped off to Denver for analysis. Once we get the results of the bloodwork and my biopsy....pending everything is normal, we will start 10 days of antibiotics for both Adam and myself. We are still on track for traveling to Denver late February / early March for retrieval. I found a great condo online to rent while we're there for 10 days. It's in downtown Denver and the same price of a hotel room. The great thing is that we can do some grocery shopping and save some $ on food. Plus, I'm realizing how hard it is to stick to "healthy organic eating" when you're at a restaurant. I tentatively booked the place and we should be good to go!

In other good news, Adam's Sperm DNA Chromatin Assay test came back close to the excellent range, which is great news. The test basically measured the amount of DNA fragmented sperm he had in his swimmers. They are finding that more and more unexplained cases of infertility and recurrent miscarriage, such as ours, can sometimes be attributed to fragmented DNA in the sperm. It's hard to detect without this specific test though because sperm counts, motility and morphology can all seem good in a standard semen analysis.....so you have to dig deeper to look at DNA fragmentation.
They are putting him on a few extra vitamins though just to get them "geared up" and ready to go. I picture his swimmers in there listening to the "Rocky theme song" and flexing their muscles in the mirror......

So now we wait.......I will keep you posted as more results roll into town.

Love,
T & A

1 comment:

maridazzo said...

You both are so brave, hats off to you! I know good things will come for you. That's awesome that you are getting your message out there for others that are going through the same situation. I was laughing my ass off about your hubby getting fresh with you while you were doped up ~ hilarious! i'll stay tuned for the latest and greatest! ;o) Marisol