Thursday, January 8, 2009

Biopsy Scheduled

So the dreaded integrin biopsy of my uterine lining has been scheduled for next Thursday, January 15th at 2:30pm. I am SO excited to get it over with I can't even tell you. I ordered the special kit and it arrived today. We basically had to order the kit, have the biopsy, go to Fedex and pick up a biohazard shipping container and ship our sample off to the company for testing. They will basically scrape some of my uterine lining to check for a "sticky" protein that helps an embryo stick and makes your uterine lining more receptive to your embryos. The only thing I'm allowed to take for pain is ibuprofin........I want to ask for valium since my cervix is such a pain in the butt and I really don't want them to have to dilate it again, but we'll see how far that goes. So Adam is doing some hand exercises to get ready for the squeezing again.....

For some exciting news, my best friend Kristi and her husband Jeff, welcomed their first baby into the world on Tuesday. They named her Addison and she is beautiful. We went to see her in the hospital last night. I would be lying if I said it wasn't hard. Not hard because I'm not happy for them, because they are going to be such great parents and are 2 of my favorite people in the world, but hard because it's sinking in that that experience may never happen for us. We may never get to give birth and see our baby and immediately try to figure out who she/he looks like, did she/he have my eyes or Adam's nose? We may never get to have friends come visit us in the hospital. I may never get to fill my friends in on my delivery experience.....and well, frankly, it just sucks.....

So I ovulated a few days ago, and it was one of the first times I didn't jump Adam's bones. I just kept thinking that with my luck, I would get pregnant and the biopsy would cause me to miscarry again.....Adam laughed at me when I told him, because it is pretty funny to think that the thought of conceiving naturally actually crossed my mind. We need to accept that all the romance of making a baby has been removed and we now require 8 doctors, nurses, a lab and an embryologist to get knocked up. So romantic.

So the next steps are to have the biopsy, wait for my period to start, have day 3 bloodwork frozen and shipped off to Denver and wait to see if everything looks good to start suppression.

I'll update more when our test results roll in from our one-day work-up. I'm just dying to see if I have the anti-body to Adam's sperm.....you know, the one that gears up for battle and attacks Adam's swimmers the second they enter my body? The thought still makes me crack up. :)

No comments: