Thursday, February 26, 2009

Stim Check #2 (@ CCRM)

We arrived in Denver last night. Nothing exciting to report. The landing was pretty rough due to some high winds, so as soon as I got off the plane, I puked. I think it was a combination of feeling awful lately and the topsy turvy landing. Anyway, once I threw up I felt better. :) Great info. right?

We went to CCRM this morning for our first stim check with them. I have 10 follicles on my right ovary and about 9 on my left. No wonder I feel like I have to pick my ovaries up off the floor every time I get up. They are hoping to get at least 19 eggs out of me at retrieval. Keep your fingers crossed! The more the merrier! My blood work came back at e2 level of 1760, which is a good jump since Tuesday. I got my IVF physical out of the way today as well. When the nurse apologized that she was going to have to prick my finger to check my iron count, I started laughing. Seriously?

Adam got to visit "the room" again......I believe he described it as a prison cell with some excitement last time. He had to give his "back-up" sample today. They freeze this one just in case something happens between now and the retrieval day. They will ultimately use his fresh sample he will be providing on retrieval day though. I had him sneak the camera in to get a few pictures....nothing X-rated of course, just a Hustler magazine in the background. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait to see the pics until we get back to Chicago though. We'll do a little montag when we get home.

We also met with the genetics counselor this afternoon for 90 minutes to go over the Micro-Array testing we will be doing on our embryos. Adam and I both had to give blood for that as well because they freeze it and ship it off with the biopsied cells. It's their way of distinguishing paternity and maternity to make sure the embryos are eventually transferred into the right couple. That's refreshing to know. If I eventually give birth to a baby with anything but blonde hair and blue/green eyes.....something's up. Adam wasn't thrilled about his blood test, but got over it when the nurse reminded him that I had blood drawn TWICE today, got my finger pricked and have to give myself 3 shots today. :)

I actually feel awful for him today. He's not feeling well at all and has come down with a really bad sinus infection / cold. He looks and sounds awful. I'm staying away from him, that's the last thing I need right now. The anethesiologist would not be happy if I showed with a cold for the retrieval. :)

So, we go back tomorrow morning. I have another ultrasound and more bloodwork and I'm up to 3 shots a day now. The good news is that I'm progressing so well, the retrieval will most likely be pushed up to Tuesday now instead of Wednesday.

I want to say a special thank you to our friends Brian and Kristy for taking the time to put together a care package including some research on fun things to do while we're here. That's SO sweet! It was such a nice surprise to receive when we got back to the condo after a long day.

Thanks again to all of our friends and family for all of your love and support! We are so lucky to have all of you cheering us on!

Breaking news.....Adam just announced he will be doing a post of his own later tonight....so stay tuned for that!

1 comment:

DAVs said...

I just found your blog. I'm a fellow CCRMer (well, back in the fall). I hope everything goes well and that CCRM is your miracle!