Friday, February 27, 2009

Stim Check #3

So everything is still going well. Today is my 7th day of meds. So after 6 days of stims, my ultrasound went well this morning. Still showing about 19 eggs. My bloodwork showed my E2 level this morning was 2600 so it was a nice jump from yesterday. I was instructed to continue the same dosages for tonight. I did my shots and we decided to get out and have some dinner. It was nice to get out, but my ovaries are happy to be back in my comfy and loose jammies and relaxing at the condo. Adam seems to be feeling a little better which is good because he was told today that he isn't allowed to take any medications....except Tylenol. They don't want his swimmers to be all drugged up and out of it when it's time to get their job done. We are doing a procedure called ICSI.....for those of you who are lucky enough to NOT understand what that means.....it basically means they inject a sperm into each egg to fertilize it, as opposed to putting a bunch of swimmers in a petri dish and letting nature take it's course. The funny thing is the way they ultimately choose which swimmers are the "chosen" ones. They are put through a battery of tests......kind of like sperm boot camp. The ones left standing...or I should say still swimming in a straight line with one head and one tail, will win and be chosen to fertilize the egg. It's crazy.

Anyway, that's it for now. We're exhausted and have a really early appointment tomorrow morning for my daily wanding and sticking so we'll probably go to bed pretty soon.

Thanks for being here!

Love,
T & A

No comments: