Friday, February 20, 2009

It's a Go!

AF flew in on her broom, pissed off as ever yesterday.

Since she arrived yesterday, it would be considered CD1. I had my CD2 ultrasound and bloodwork this morning. My u/s looked great. No cysts, antral count of 18 and thin lining......exactly what it's supposed to look like. My bloodwork results came back this afternoon. My E2 level was 51.....apparently they like to see it 50 or below...so 51 was "no big deal" at all according to my nurse....close enough to 50. :)


So the fun begins tomorrow morning. I will be taking my Menopur injection every morning and my Gonal F injection every night. I will also take the Dexamethazone every night as well. My nurse said it may cause dizziness so to take it at night. So basically, I'm going to be a severely bloated, bruised, crabby, dizzy bitch for the next 2 weeks. It's a good thing I'm not a big complainer (yeah right).........Adam is such a lucky guy.


I will take the above injections Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Tuesday morning will be my first monitoring u/s and bloodwork. My Dr. will call me with any dosage changes on my meds etc. on Tuesday afternoon. Then we fly out on Wednesday! Yes! Wednesday, February 25th is our official travel date to Denver. We have to be at CCRM on Thursday, February 26th and pretty much every day after that until retrieval. My estimated egg retrieval date is Wednesday, March 4th and we would fly home on March 5th.


Tenley and Cooper's reservations have been confirmed at hotel "Grandma and Grandpa's" in Geneva. I can't tell you how much easier it is to leave "our girls" when we know they are having so much fun at my parent's house. We also confirmed our limo to the airport......his name is Bill.......aka Dad. :) Thank you for everything and we love you Mom and Dad!

I thought I would include a picture of our babies. :)















We also confirmed the condo we will be staying at in downtown Denver. We decided to stay in a condo instead of a hotel so it would be more of a "home away from home".







So we are booking our flights tonight and planning a few sight-seeing adventures. I will keep you posted as we go. :)

Thanks for being here!!!!!

Love,

T & A





3 comments:

Steph and Jeanine Schmalz said...

SWEET! SO glad you "on your way" in more ways that one! Such an exciting time for you guys! We have a view of the lit up CCRM sign on the outside of the building from our hospital room on the 2nd floor of Sky Ridge. It's funny to be here, with Jeanine an bed rest, and looking right out the place that helped us "get here".

We'd love to meet you guys when you are in town. Not sure how that might work with Jeanine on bed rest but we'll see. Would you want to?

Good luck and take good care - you are in GREAT hands!!!

Steph and Jeanine
stephschmalz@comcast.net

Steph and Jeanine Schmalz said...

Well, it looks like we will still be at Sky Ridge when you arrive... We will be re-evaluated on Tuesday or Thursday... Just glad the babies and Jeanine are okay!! :-)

Steph and Jeanine Schmalz said...

How are you guys doing? Getting excited??