Friday, May 15, 2009

Vomiting and Nausea Remedies

So remember how I was nervous because I wasn't feeling sick every day....only once in a awhile? Well, I am sick 24/7 now and vomiting about 10 times/day. I have a call into my nurse and will hopefully hear back soon.

Does anyone have any good remedies they used for all day sickness.....I don't know why it's called morning sickness because I have it ALL day and even woke up in the middle of the night to get sick. I'm miserable. (Still loving it in a twisted way though...because it tells me I'm definitely still pregnant :) )

These are what I've heard so far:
  • Brown rice with a tiny bit of cinnamon and sugar (from my Mom, which I actually was able to keep down for a few hours yesterday)
  • Toast, crackers etc.
  • Ginger Ale....which honestly makes me feel worse because of the carbonation
  • Preggy Pops....which I had to order online because I couldn't find them anywhere local. Hopefully they'll get here early next week
  • Suck on a lime with a tiny bit of salt.
  • Eat small meals throughout the day.......NOTHING sounds good and it stays down for 10 minutes, tops.

I'm hoping my Dr. can give me something for the vomiting. I feel like I've been hit with a severe case of the flu. I'm weak, dizzy and exhausted. No fever though.....so i know it's pregnancy related.

Anyway, does anyone have any other remedies they can share? I'm open to try anything at this point.....ANYTHING.

Thanks for being here!

Love,

T & A

9 comments:

Roger Cole said...

they may have to put you on phenergan suppositories .two of my good friends did that and there is another Rx i cant remember what it is called, but i know it works great! Its new Zophran I think???? Mine was ALL day too until 17 weeks...i feel your pain! I just ate all day basically and that was the only thing that helped and you have tried that so im out of suggestions. Poor thing!!!!! I feel for ya!!!! It sucks....hopefully it wont be 17 weeks!!!!

ang said...

Does anyone know if Emetrol is safe during pregnancy?? Tiff - check with your doc because it might be ok...main ingredient is cola syrup and that's why Coke/Pepsi is often used as a remedy. feel better sweetheart
xo

Kris said...

Oh, sweetie, I feel for you. The whole morning sickness thing is just no fun. I have a couple of girlfriends who went on Zofran to help with this and it seemed to work really well. Try to continue to drink fluids so that you don't get dehydrated, maybe try some gatorade.

I completely understand why you like feeling like crap right now. The reassurance of your pregnancy is wonderful. I hope I am feeling like crap right along with you soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Tiff--- sorry to hear you are so sick but its a good sign.....its no fun but its good....anyway, you can get Preggy Pops at Babies R Us or at Preggars which is a store in the Bloomingdales building downtown......also Saltine crackers actually do help....try those as a snack and just always have some sort of drink or food near you at all times -- in the car, by your bed, etc. Sometimes the snacks help!! Anyway, good luck and I'll continue to pray for you guys!!!

Josée Martens said...

I have a buddy who also did Zofram and swears it made her life so much better. I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I think that would suck so bad.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff, don't know if you remember me from CCRM thread (Schumachm). Congratulations! I had my transfer on 4/29 close to you. I got ohss really bad and am in hospital right now, but also have hyperem (non stop nausea and vomiting). I had with my two other preg. They give me a coctail of drugs zofran, benadryl, b6,phenergen. Some women benifit from just zofran, and I recomend it over phenergen because it does not make you sleepy. Don't be afraid of taking it because it does not hurt baby/ies at all. My other two are just perfect. I hope you get better. Can't wait to see your bean count.

Unknown said...

Call the doctor tomorrow and tell him you want Zofran. It is the medicine they give to kid chemo patients so it's safe...only thing that worked for me. Then they put me on protonix for acid reflux so the combo worked. I told my mom to let your mom know, but since we're following this..figured any way I could help I would bc I feel the pain.

Josée Martens said...

are you feeling better?

Mary Beth Smith said...

I was sick all day for the full nine months both times I was pregnant. You know I ate a bunch of goldfish, popsicles, and rested. I was too scared to take anything because I sort of had a pregnancy scare in the beginning but you will make it!!! Hang in there ha you will get used to it! I love your story ...GOOD LUCK.. I will pray for y'all.