Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First Ultrasound Pic - 6 weeks!




This is the first picture of our TWINS!!!!!

I was nervous about my spotting yesterday, so I talked to my nurse from CCRM and she said we could have our ultrasound this morning instead of waiting until Friday! :)

We were SO nervous going into the u/s this morning.....I felt like dead man walking. (I know.... a little dramatic) I honestly thought something was going to be wrong and was trying to accept it.

The nurses there were wonderful as always and greeted me with a hug and a lot of reassurances. We went into the room, Adam started to sweat and it felt like everything was in slow motion as she started the ultrasound. She knew we were so nervous and apparently we were making her nervous too because she's gotten so close to us.

She told us she wanted to look at the screen first and assess everything. She studied the screen for about 30 seconds.....which felt like an hour to us. She told us that she doesn't normally get emotional with patients because they're trained to disconnect themselves.......well, she started welling up with tears and turned the screen and said "everything looks perfect and congratulations, it's twins." I started crying and Adam got pretty choked up. She showed us the flickering lights on the screen which were their little hearts beating away. It was an amazing site and I couldn't stop crying with happy tears.

Baby A (on the left in the pic) is measuring right on schedule at 6 weeks 1 day with a heart rate of 122 and Baby B is measuring 6 weeks with a heart rate of 115. She said everything looked as good as it possibly could for this early in the pregnancy and that the heart rates would get faster and faster as the pregnancy progresses.

She also found a small sub-chorionic tear which she said is causing my spotting. Apparently it's very common in twin pregnancies and is no threat to the babies.

Our due date is December 20th because it's twins, but she said they could basically come at any time during the month of December.

My estradiol level is 1,038 today which is good. They like it to be over 300, so they are changing my patches to 3 every other day, as opposed to 4.

My progesterone was 11.8, so I am still on the same dosages of progesterone.

I go back for more bloodwork on Thursday, but they didn't mention my next ultrasound. I will probably find out on Thursday.

I can't imagine a better Christmas present than our 2 little bundles of joy!!!! We are over-joyed and so thankful to God for these precious miracles!!!!

Thank you for all of your support and love!!!!!

Love,
T & A (and our 2 little buns!)

15 comments:

Kara said...

Ahhhhh!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys!!!! I wasn't expecting to see a post, but I thought I'd check anyway, and what AMAZING news!! I am beyond words right now. Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! YEAH!!!!!!

Ann said...

Oh my gosh, that's fabulous. I feel teary on your behalf just imagining what it was like for you two in the ultrasound room. What a beautiful picture. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Tiff
Cute pix! So Happy for you two or should I say you 4!!!!
Take care,
Suzanne from LS

michaela said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting!

Kris said...

OMG! That is awesome!! A BIG CONGRATS to you and Adam! I am so glad you got to see your TWO little buns!!:)

AJ48 said...

AWwwwh what beautiful little babies!! I am so happy for you 2...Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tiffany and Adam!! Hallie texted Cassidy last night and we are all thrilled!! Will continue praying!!
Lorrie Davis
PS Dash says "Hi" to the girls :)

Steph and Jeanine Schmalz said...

OH MY GOODNESS - I read this and started crying!

We went to Dr. Surey feeling like "this is it" and if it doesn't work... you know.

And here we are with twins and now you will have them too! It's the best! Jeanine and I are SOOOO happy for you and Adam. It really is a miracle and I am SO glad that you are able to have the family you deserve!

I know the road has been long - you have been so tenacious - these are going to be 2 very lucky kids.

We are SOOO happy for you -

Keep the updates coming!
Steph

Unknown said...

The one on the right looks like Adam.

Sarah Ella said...

i am bawling!!!! CONGRATS! We love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I HAVE TEARS OF JOY COMING DOWN READING THIS! Love you guy and are so happy for you!!

Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Tiff: I was on the CCRM thread with you (Readytogo). I just wanted to pass on my congrats to you. Twins!!! That is so wonderful! I know how grueling your journey has been and I am so happy for you. I will do my 4th and final IVF next month and I hope I am as lucky (or half as lucky!) as you. Take care.

Josée Martens said...

Holy cow! Now I was sure your ultrasound was Friday. I even had it in my calendar and here I find you with pictures of your children. this is just so amazing. Congratulations Tiff! This is fantastic.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

Tiff, I came to wish you luck tomorrow, but wow. Congrats! I am schumachm from CCRM. I too had u/s yesterday and I am having twins. Maybe you can come back and join Sheila and I for due date buddies with twins. I hope your vomiting is better.

ang said...

Hurray for twins, now Tenley and Cooper don't have to fight... One baby for each of them to be a big sister to! xoxo