Monday, May 4, 2009

Let me start with a picture........















Cooper and Tenley proudly spreading the news!

After 4 years……….(almost to the day we started trying)
2 IUI’s with Clomid
2 miscarriages
2 surgeries
2 hysteroscopies (tours of my uterus)
1 integrin 3 biopsy of my uterine lining
1 HSG
1 Saline Ultrasound for tubes
4 IUI’s with injectables
4 In-Vitro’s
Over 200 injections
Over 100 bloodtests
Over 100 doctor’s appointments
3 doctors
3 trips to Denver
And countless tears……………

WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!

We are over the moon and praying everyday that this pregnancy continues happy and healthy for the next 9 months. I figured out my due date for 1 baby would be January 10, 2010 and twins or more would be December 20, 2009. (Twins are full gestation at 37 weeks) These dates are an estimate, and we would find out our actual due date at the first u/s.

We told everyone that the test wouldn’t be until Wednesday in case it didn’t work out. We would’ve needed a few days to deal with everything before I would be okay to post. Just trying to protect our feelings and be realistic. I hope everyone understands.

I had promised Adam I wouldn’t take a home pregnancy test without him, but I caved. I think he knew deep down that I would cave, but tried to have faith in me. He had no idea I had been testing, which made it even more fun to tell him the good news.

I started POASing (pee on a stick) with the cheapie internet tests on Wednesday (5dp5dt) and swore I saw a faint pink line on the HPT. I chalked it up as an evaporation line because I was cramping so bad that I thought there was no way I was pregnant. I definitely thought af was on her way.

I woke up Thursday (6dp5dt) and felt sick all morning. I thought something might be up, so I took another test and the same thing happened. I decided to go out and buy a few different brands of tests to try to see if I could get a more clear result. I went out and bought a FRER (First Response early Result) and a CBE digital (Clearblue Easy Digital).

The FRER came up positive pretty quickly and I almost fell over in shock. I decided to try the digital one too which flat out says “Pregnant” or “Not Pregnant.”
“Pregnant” popped up and I started bawling….I think my dogs were afraid of me. I laid on the floor with them sobbing while they gave me kisses.















It took everything in me not to pick up the phone and call Adam at work. I held it in ALL day. I ran up to Osco to pick up a balloon and card for him. I walked up to the balloon counter and asked the lady for a “Congrats Daddy” balloon. She asked me if I had just found out I was pregnant. I started bawling and told her all about the fact that it had been 4 years and that I promised him I wouldn’t test so he had NO idea and how surprised he would be etc. After she came to grips with the fact that I wasn’t a sobbing lunatic, she had tears in her eyes and told me she had the chills. She gave me the only “baby” balloon they had and I came home….still in shock….and still crying.

I went home and laid out a bunch of IU baby stuff we’ve had along with the card, the balloon and the 2 positive pregnancy tests on the kitchen table. The picture below is what Adam came home to when he walked in from work. ☺ He was SHOCKED and kept saying “I don’t believe you.” We both had a very emotional hug and we couldn’t stop smiling…..or crying. It’s been SUCH a long road to get here and it is still sinking in. Adam is going to be an amazing Dad. He is an amazing husband and has been by my side through EVERYTHING. I honestly don’t think childbirth will faze him at all after what he’s seen. ☺










































He is my rock, my Soul Mate and now he is going to be an amazing father to our children. I am a very lucky woman and our children will be very lucky to have him as their Dad.

We called our families that night. Our Moms both cried, our Dads were thrilled and our sisters and brother were soooo excited for us, but we told them to keep it under wraps until our 2nd blood test today.

Since my blood test wasn’t scheduled until Monday, I called my nurse at CCRM, told her about my positive home pregnancy tests and begged her to move my blood test up to Friday. My nurse told me not to freak out on her if the number came back low…..because it was still so early. I promised I wouldn’t freak out on her, so she laughed and gave in. Our nurse, Dawn, has been so great through all of this.

I went in on Friday morning for my blood test and waited for the results. My blood test was at FCI since they do my local monitoring for me. I absolutely love everyone there and they all hugged me and had tears in their eyes when I walked in for my blood test. Apparently, when I had called the day before to schedule my appt., I told one of the nurses about the positive tests. She called everyone….including some at home….because they were all praying so hard for me. I adore them.

CCRM finally called that afternoon and told me I was definitely pregnant and my beta at 7dp5dt came back at 47, which she said was a very good number considering how early it was. Anything over 10 confirms a pregnancy. My progesterone was 15.8 which she said was also good. They will continue to monitor that throughout the first trimester as well. My 2nd beta was today and it came back at 321! (10dp5dt) They would’ve liked it to be around 150 or so….so 321 is GREAT! It could also indicate more than one little munchkin in there….uh oh!!!!! ☺ Dr. Surrey called us to congratulate us as well and said that based on our numbers he wouldn't be surprised if there's more than 1 baby floatin' around in there.......Adam's hoping for twin girls....or maybe even triplet girls.....hee hee.

7dp5dt: 47
10dp5dt: 321

I go back on Wednesday for one more beta test and then we wait for our ultrasound on Friday, May 22nd. That’s when we’ll find out how many babies we’re having. ☺

I feel nauseas, have already thrown up several times, am an eating machine and I am LOVING it. I am so bloated that I already look 4 MONTHS pregnant, not 4 weeks. I seriously can’t button any of my pants right now. There is something else that had gotten bigger as well….actually 2 things….that Adam is LOVING….not that I’ll let him touch me. Ha ha.

We still can’t believe this is really happening. We are both waiting to wake up from this dream. We’ve been here twice before and lost both pregnancies, so we’re cautiously excited. We’re trying to live in the moment and enjoy every second of this experience. I think we will both feel better once we see / hear the heartbeat(s) at the u/s. As for finding out the gender, we’ve decided to not find out if it’s 1 baby….but twins or more, we will definitely find out. We will need to plan and prepare as much as possible. Ha ha.

Please continue with the prayers! We debated on telling everyone so early in the pregnancy….but we kept it a secret the other 2 times and look where it got us. We figure we need all the prayers we can get right now and you’ve all been with us since the beginning…………we need your prayers more than ever.

One last thing, for those of you on facebook with us, please don’t post a congrats on our wall or anything…….for now. ☺

We LOVE you all so much and thank you again for the love, support and prayers for us and our little baby / babies. ☺ This baby / babies are already loved soooooo much!

Thanks for being here!

Love,
T & A
(and our little bun(s) in the oven….finally!) ☺

17 comments:

Sky said...

Huge CONGRATULATIONS to you!

Trust me, that number doesn't "maybe" indicate a multiple, it IS a multiple. That's a given, you WILL see! :)))

piccolina said...

YAY! I have been following your journey. I have also endured multiple fertility treatments and am 7 weeks along with twins from IVF #3. Once I saw your cute little dogs and their bibs! I started clapping with excitement! Congrats and enjoy this happy time, hope the days until u/s fly by!

Boy Crazy said...

So, so, so excited for both of you (and the big sisters)! I can't wait for the sextuplet girls to arrive :) Seriously, enjoy your moment, you deserve it!
Love ya!

Josée Martens said...

YAY YAYAYY YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYY!!!

I was thinking about you today. And I came here just to see how you were and look at this amazing news.

CONGRATS!!!

Kris said...

Woohoo! Congrats!!

Ann said...

Oh, wow, that's wonderful!!! You've been on my mind lots lately and this was just the news I was hoping for. I am so happy for you both!

DAVs said...

That is really great news!! Super congrats! I've been following your journey and knew how you felt when you posted: I am sick of this shit a few weeks back. And now look!!! Such a great turn of events. I'm glad CCRM ended up being your miracle!

Aunt Julie said...

After the picture of the 3 little darlings before the procedure should you have 3 girls for Adam they will always be Larry, Moe and Curly in my mind because that is what I dubbed them at the time. Gary and I are so thrilled for you Tiff and Adam and I will keep up the prayers for you.

Steph and Jeanine Schmalz said...

Oh my gosh!!!

Holy Cow!!!!

Wow Wow Wow Wow!!!

Amazing!!!!!

And anything else that you can come up with!!!!!!!

You guys SO deserve this and Jeanine and I couldn't be happier for you!!!!! We too had Dr. Surrey and one of our HCG numbers was 321 and we have twins... I see twins for you in my crystal ball! :-)

Either way - a healthy mama and baby are the best gift of all. We'll be praying for ALL of you and watching for more news!

Steph and Jeanine
(and our twins with the help of CCRM - Ryan and Katie)

msgsfrommindy said...

Congratulations, Tiff and Adam!!!
We are so happy for "all of you" and will definitely be keeping you in our prayers, thoughts and hearts, throughout every day!
You will be GREAT parents...already are!!!!
Love, Aunt Mindy

ang said...

baby girls in december!! can't wait! much love to you all
xoxo

Sky said...

Hey, listen, I'm going undercover :) (just making the blog private)

Please send me an email to skygarrett@yahoo.com so I can add you to the list. You'll only have to sign in once then and check off "remember me" and I think that's it, it'll be open to you always in future.

Hugs!
Sky

Roger Cole said...

OMG!!!!! Yes OMG is appropriate!!!! We are so so so so thrilled and excited for you guys and doggies! You are going to be amazing parents and have MORE LOVE to give than anyone I know!!!! Go baby Hoosiers!!!! We love you both and give that baby/babies a belly rub from mer and Roger! Rest up and take care....you will need it, ha!

Brice Barnes said...

Congrats Congrats Congrats! I have been following your journey for a few months, congrats! I am in the dreaded 2ww from IVF #1 and am trying not to POAS. Anyway, congrats and I will pray for a healthy and safe pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

I HAVE TEARS READING THIS!! I am so so so so so so over the moon for you both and you will be an amazing Mommy and Daddy!
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Adam & Tiff - I know you through my friend and I know we've shared similar experiences so your news hits me deeper than you know. My husband and I too just found out we are pregnant again as well! We lost our son Hayden last year and too waited the 3 months to tell others so please know I can understand at least some of your journey with loss, and I certainly understand the need now to seize the day and share with your loved ones EVERY day of happiness that you have.

I will rejoice with you from afar knowing how much you both deserve this. I have only good thoughts and hope going your way for this year and those following to be AWESOME ones, and hope you'll never have to look back! - Dusty

michaela said...

CONGRATS!!!! You two have been through so much and deserve every ounce of this!!! I wish a happy and healthy 9 months!!! BTW I also just found out I am pregnant from my FET and we have the same due date!!