Monday, March 2, 2009

Egg Retrieval tomorrow morning!

So we went to my Dr. this morning for my final blood test. Only one more "stick" to go! My IV for my retrieval tomorrow. We got really lucky and are apparently the first retrieval of the day in the morning. Since I can't eat or drink anything after midnight tonight, I'm glad we're early. It normally wouldn't be a big deal, but since I feel like complete CRAP and my throat hurts....not drinking anything for that long is not going to be fun. The trigger shot is an HCG shot....which is the pregnancy hormone, so I have been nauseas now too. Oh joy. Let's just say I'm SUCH a treat to be around right now. Poor Adam.

*Angry post warning*
.....At this point, I would like to extend a special "shout-out" to anyone who insists on going to work or out in public in general while they're sick. Thanks to you, Adam got an awful cold....who in turn gave it to me. I understand that work needs to get done, but for the love of god, please work from home or something. I know some people don't have that option, but if you do.....don't drag your sick rear to work just to get everyone else sick. See? See what a "b" I am today? Okay, I'm done. :)

Dr. Adam did a great job on my trigger shot last night and I got a great picture of him coming at me with the injection. :) Picture "mad scientist."

So after watching 7 hours of the Golden Girls yesterday, while Adam wanted to jump off the balcony, I'm bored out of my mind. We decided that since our procedure was pushed up to tomorrow instead of Wednesday, we are coming home on Wednesday instead of Thursday now. I miss my bed and my girls, Tenley and Cooper. This trip was never meant to be a "fun" trip, but we never imagined we would be miserably sick the whole time. We're looking at it as more of a business trip. We thought we would at least be able to get out and see a few things, but that never happened. Oh well, let's get these eggs out of me so I can come home and start feeling better.

That's enough complaining for now.......

Thanks for being here!

Love,
T & A

3 comments:

momsoon said...

feel better you two!!

Good luck tomorrow, keep us posted as we check obsessively on your progress and send you lots of prayers for a 'bountiful harvest'!!!!!!

Josée Martens said...

Being sick and away from home is THE WORST! I hope you get better fast! GOOD LUCK tomorrow. :-)

Steph and Jeanine Schmalz said...

We are SO sorry that you are both sick and missing out on the great weather in Denver!! We know that you are in good hands with Dr. Surrey and CCRM. We'll continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers, especially tomorrow! Steph and Jeanine
PS - You are the Tiff that writes on our Care Pages, right? :-)