Friday, March 13, 2009

Another rough night....

Tenley has not improved at all. They gave her IV fluids all day yesterday and we were able to bring her home last night. I slept with her again, or at least laid with her since neither of us actually slept and she is still miserable. She still can't stop vomiting and threw up twice last night and 3 times this morning. She is back at the vet today with more IV fluids and they are going to give her something stronger to settle her stomach before they force feed her. She needs to get some thing in her stomach, but she won't eat because she's so nauseas. She hasn't eaten since 6pm Tuesday night. I am waiting to her from her surgeon because the other concern is the vomiting could hurt her chances of her retinas re-generating and the surgey could fail because of it. I have gotten pretty snippy with the vets lately telling them that poor Tenley is going through hell and they need to stop her vomiting or she will go through it for nothing and she still won't be able to see. I want my sweet little Tenley back. I did get a few kisses in the middle of the night while I was petting her at 2am trying to get her to sleep. She was shaking when we walked into the vet and she could smell where we were. It broke my heart to hand her over to them again when all she wants to do is lay on my lap. She whimpered when the nurse took her....which you know what happened next....me bawling. They're going to call me in a little while to let me know how she's doing. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

momsoon said...

I am so sorry to hear that the night was this rough-I know that when Dex had his eye surgery (not as serious an operation as Ten's) he was super rough for a few days- we had to go back to the vet and he shook violently as well...
I am sending you all a big hug and a prayer for healing...You are being such a good mother to him...I am sure things will get better bit by bit. Take care and keep us posted.

Josée Martens said...

I hope Tenley's doing better today. Sounds like a horrible night. poor pup.