Monday, July 13, 2009

14 Weeks Update & belly pic

I've sorry been a little MIA the last few weeks. There really just hasn't been much to report. I'm officially 14 weeks as of yesterday and officially in the 2nd trimester! WooHoo!

I had a lot of strange cramping on Friday so I called my Dr. and described what was happening. I had actually just called to talk to a nurse to make me feel better that it was normal, but when I decsribed some other symptoms I was having, she called my Dr. and they had me come in anyway. My Dr. told me they don't take any chances with twin pregnancies, and even if they don't think there is anything to worry about, they would rather be safe than sorry. She gave me the typical "there are a lot more complications associated with twins, so we want to see you ANY time you have odd symptoms again." I love my Dr. She actually has triplets of her own, and completely understands everything that comes with a high risk pregnancy. She said she's not just a Dr. ....she actually lived it too. It makes her very easy to talk to.


She checked my cervix to make sure it was still nice and closed etc. I also got to hear the babies' heartbeats. Baby A was 150 and Baby B was 159. They wanted them to be between 140-165 at this stage....so they were right where they needed to be. I go back to the Dr. in a few weeks for my 16 week check-up.


The big news is that I've gained about 3 lbs. so far! WooHoo! I had actually LOST a pound in the first 12 weeks and was a little worried about it, but my Dr. was not concerned. If you think about it, how could I have possibly gained any weight, when I had been throwing everything up, including water. So I gained about 3 lbs. in 2 weeks........and am expecting it to keep piling on. :) Adam was laughing at me that I was excited about gaining weight. He said it's odd to hear a woman actually excited to gain weight. My belly is getting bigger literally by the second.


As for how I'm feeling. I'm exhausted all the time and am peeing every 15 minutes, but other than that and the occasional bout of nausea, I feel pretty great. :) I am feeling a lot of "flutters" going on in there and they get stronger everyday. I swear I have felt a few kicks over the last week or so. I just can't wait for them to get more consistant and stronger.


I am including belly pics starting at 10 weeks, 12 weeks, and now yesterday at 14 weeks.







We are so blessed and so lucky to have all of you to share this with! Thanks again for always being here and for all the prayers.


I think of my friends who are still fighting to become mothers EVERY DAY and pray that they're dreams come true very soon.


Love always,

T & A and the buns

4 comments:

ang said...

Yeah!!! All good news - love ya!

michaela said...

I can't believe how far along you are already. It is so bittersweet to read your blog as we were due on the same day until I miscarried. Thank you for letting me live through your happiness!!!! :):)

Brice Barnes said...

Yay! You look great! I am glad to know that I am not the only one still exhausted...I have yet to get the 2nd trimester energy boost!

Nicoolmama said...

I read your bio and then clicked on your blog and am THRILLED to see you are pregnant! Congratulations!!!!!