Thursday, April 23, 2009

Here we go!

We are here safe and sound in Denver.

I think the universe may be messing with me. We went to pick up our rental car when we arrived......turns out to be an orange mini-van. A mini-van? Come ooooonnnnnn!!!! Such a "Mom" car! We asked for a compact car.......a mini-van? Seriously?

We walk into our hotel and the first thing we see is a huge advertisement for a Mother's Day brunch coming up. I am usually a HUGE fan of holidays.......Mother's Day, not so much. The only good thing about Mother's Day is that we adore our Moms so much that we can at least honor them....and of course our Grandma's......other than that, as far as I'm concerned right now, it's one of the worst days of the year.

So our transfer will be at 1:30 tomorrow (2:30 Chicago time). We have to be there at 12:30 for more bloodwork and to get me prepped etc. We should be back to our hotel around 2:30pm and ready for bedrest. I will sleep off my valium and Adam will find some sports to watch I'm sure. Then it's bedrest for me until Sunday. My nurse told me that strict bedrest ends Sunday morning, but to take it easy. Dinner or a movie would be fine on Sunday night though, so that's what we'll do. We fly home Monday and it's on to the 2ww for me. I loath the 2ww.

I had bloodwork yesterday to check my progesterone levels. They like it to be higher than 6 and mine was 12.6 so we got a "very good" report.

So that's where we're at. We'll update tomorrow when we get back from the transfer. Please pray that oour precious little embryos survive the thaw and are welcomed home in my uterus! I want them to make themselves very comfy for the next 9 months.....even if it means triplets!

We have 3 blasts........from 3 cycles

Embryo #1: From IVF #1: PGD tested "normal", created in March '07...this little embryo has been transferred between 3 different clinics....little traveler.
None to freeze from IVF #2
Embryo #2: From IVF #3: Created on September 20, 2008........what would've been my brother Ryan's 30th birthday.
Embryo #3: From IVF #4: Created on March 3, 2009........created on my grandpa's (Gompers)birthday.

Please say a special prayer for each individual embryo. They mean more to us than you can imagine.

Thanks for being here!

Love,
T & A

8 comments:

Phoebe said...

Sounds like you will have Dr. Gustofson for your transfer, who I love. Good luck!!

Kris said...

GL today! I hope all your embies survive the thaw and are ready to get comfy and cozy for 9 months!

AJ48 said...

Good Luck with your 3 little beans!!! (((sticky vibes))))

Boy Crazy said...

We will be thinking about you both this weekend. Good luck!

Ann said...

Good luck & all the very best.

Josée Martens said...

You are there now and prepping as I type this. I am thinking of you and your hubbie. 3th the charm. 3 blasts from three cycles. you'll rest for almost 3 days. so here are three cheers.

Wishing you the best,
J (was MamaSoon) :-)

DAVs said...

Good things come in threes! I think having three blasts to transfer sounds AWESOME! Much luck to you!

ang said...

sit.....stay.......good little embryos! xoxo